If You Were the Moon
What would you do if you were the moon? Rest quietly in the sky? No way!
The moon does so much! It spins like a twilight ballerina, plays tug-of-war with the ocean, and lights a path for baby sea turtles. Discover many roles the moon plays in this whimsical children’s book about the moon. If you’ve ever thought the moon was beautiful…JUST beautiful, then this book will reveal the many crucial ways the moon affects our planet.
Author: Laura Purdie Salas
Illustrator: Jaime Kim
Publisher: Millbrook Press, 2017
Signed Copies Available
Awards & Recognition
* Keystone to Reading Primary Book
* finalist for 2018 AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prize
* Scholastic Book Club edition
* Texas Library Association Texas Topaz Reading List for nonfiction gems
* New York Public Library Best Books for Kids 2017
Reviews & More
* Kirkus review
* Bookology Bookstorm for The Stuff of Stars
* Reading Rockets: Little Projects Inspired by the Big Moon
* Pinterest board for educators with more reviews, activities, etc.
* A fun fingerplay to accompany this book: